The great thing about the blogging community is that we are always there for one and other. There might be the occasional spat and the odd bruised ego but there are hours spent laying awake thinking about each other and how we can use our own platforms to benefit other and the World and through this crazy online world real friendships are developed. And then one of the community (That would be you Tattooed Mummy) goes and tags you in a meme which when you are in a bit of a blogging rut (as I have been since what feels like the start of the year) you think Great! and then you read the entire post and you realise that actually this isn't a good meme to be tagged in. As I said though I'm in a rut and so here is the 7x7x7x7 Meme...
|This is just a random picture of me because I think blog posts look nicer with a picture...|
There are a lot of blog posts that I admire, but I guess that the following seven are the ones that have stayed with me or I have found recently and think are blooming brilliant!
There are only so many perfect heads in the world... from Nickie. Every time I read this post I cry, not because I am sad but because of the strength of this family amazes me.
Beauty and Horror: Two sides to Bangladesh from Josie. When Josie and the gang went out to Bangladesh I was amazed at the insights that they gave us back home. This post reminds me how lucky we are and how we have to stand up for what we believe needs to be changed.
Epiphany from Vic. I don't know what I can say about Vic or this blog post really. This post is something that I hold on to. It gives me hope that one day I can get to the same point as Vic, that I can lose weight too that I can reach a point where I am healthy and understand that it's okay to be me.
How does one dispose of a vibrator? from Emily. I just laugh every time I read this and for the record I'd put it down my trouser leg and shake it out as I was walking along like the dirt disposal tactic in The Great Escape.
This Is My Son and This Is My Husband from me. Yes, I am listing two of my own posts because I enjoy reading them! That's what admire is isn't it? Liking looking at something? These posts remind me that I'm incredibly luckily with my family, they are amazing people and I have to be the best I can be for them. They deserve only the best.
The reasons why Parent Bloggers are cooler than Rock Stars from Simon. I only found this earlier today but it's true, funny and Parent bloggers rock!!
Seven Things About Myself.
1) I haven't had any Dr Pepper since the start of the year. I think my addiction is cured.
2) I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia aka the Suicide Disease. It bloody hurts.
3) I talk in my sleep and once had a full conversation with my Mum about chewing gum. Then I bit her.
4) I prefer my bacon chewy but Daddy prefers his crispy. That means I get my bacon sandwiches first.
5) I want to make something of myself. I want to be more than I am now. I'm just not sure what. Or how.
6) I hate making choices and try to avoid as many of them as possible. Don't take me to a restaurant.
7) I watch Children's cartoons even when there aren't any children around. I like to argue with them too.
Answer Seven Things and Set Seven Things for seven people.
1) Do you have a favourite child? Either one of yours or someone elses! Why?
Yes I do. The parent of the child in question knows who it is and knows why, but I'm not sharing it with you as the other children in the future could find this post and feel hurt! I don't favour them over my own children though!
2) What was your first pet (not family pet - your own)? if you have never had a pet which would you most like to own?
My very own first pet was a hamster I had when I was young. It bit me on my middle finger and my finger bled a lot. As most people know I don't react well to blood so it really put me off hamsters.
3) Can you play any musical instrument and if so what?
I can play the recorder, trombone, guitar, keyboard and I sing too. Out of all my "talents" it is the singing that means the most to me and the one that I have the most talent at.
4) Do you speak more than one language? Which ones?
I speak basic French and Spanish that I remember from learning at School. When Daddy, Top Ender and I decided we would go to Italy we learnt basic Italian which I don't remember much of and of course I teaching myself HTML which is a language all of its own.
5) How old were you when you had your first proper kiss and what were the circumstances?
Oh erm. It was in a carpark and I was about 14 and I do remember the boys name but I have learnt how not to put his name in a blog post just in case he googles himself and finds it!
6) How many and which countries have you visited?
I have been to Italy, France, Switzerland, The USA, Scotland, and Wales. I would love to go to Japan and China and Australia and New Zealand and South America and Iceland and... actually it would probably be quicker to say where I didn't want to go!
7) If you cold only eat one meal over and over again for the rest of your life what would it be?
This is a hard question! I think my most favourite meal is probably Steak but I don't think I could eat it again and again for every meal everyday! I'm going to cheat a little and say for breakfast the one meal I could eat over and over is Fresh Fruit Salad. The one meal I could eat again and again for lunch would be M&S's Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad and for my evening meal it would be Steak with a Jacket Potato and of course fried mushrooms and peas!
Now my Seven Questions followed by the Seven People I an tagging!
1) Which TV character do you think you are most like?
2) What time do you go to bed?
3) What was the last meal you made from scratch?
4) What is your favourite type of music?
5) In what position do you sleep?
6) What is your first memory?
7) What is your least favourite smell?
And I'm going to tag Emma, Jen, Susan, Paul, Rosie, Nicki and Liz because I'm nosey and I don't know what they will answer!