|Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
With Tops I came out of the bathroom holding the test and a look of shock on my face. I had intended just to use the test up as it was near it's "best before date" and didn't expect to be pregnant. I think I phoned him for BB but we knew in advance of me taking the test that I was pregnant. It was *that* planned!
2. How did your partner react to the news?
Very excited, we were going out to the cinema and I think he grinned the entire evening.
3. What advice/support/thing did you most appreciate from your partner during pregnancy?
He let me sleep. I was going to bed at like 7pm every night and he was so good with this. And with the tonnes of squash and ginger I consumed too. Sickness was horrid and he was there for me.
4. What advice/support/thing did you most appreciate from your partner during childbirth?
Hmmm. I think I loved that he didn't keep repeating everything the midwife said and he held my hand. That was all I needed.
5. What advice/support/thing did you most appreciate from your partner during those first tough weeks?
I didn't change a single nappy for two weeks. Daddy changed them all, and he let me sleep when I could too. He was a love.
6. What’s the funniest story/encounter your child’s father ever had with the baby/babies?
I'm not sure actually. I guess it would be that he thought he wouldn't be a great Dad and that he would have to work at it. He doesn't, he's a natural.
7. What do you think makes a good dad?
Someone who is there for their children, not just in person but they know they can turn to him when they have a problem. Someone who knows the children's interests and likes and dislikes and friends and favourite place to visit. I guess what I'm trying to say is my husband is a good Dad.
8. What do you most appreciate about your child(rens) dad and want to thank them for?
I don't know what I appreciate most because he is a pretty special guy, I want to thank him for being my husband and my children's father, for being there for them and me and my extended family and for being so wonderful. I don't say it often enough but he really is.
I'm going to tag;
Emma @ Me, The Man And The Baby
Vic @ Glowstars and
Susan at Susankmann