1) Go to Pinterest and download the verification file. You will find it in your account settings, fairly close to the bottom. Click the button and you'll be taken to a new screen, where you can download the Pinterest HTML File.
2) Open the HTML file in notepad and leave open on your desktop for a minute.
3) Go to your blogger account and create a new page. I know you don't want to, but it's only for a minute or five.
4) Swap to the HTML compose section for your page and then copy the HTML file from notepad and paste into the blog page. Title the page something obvious, as you can see I went with TEST. Publish this page.
5) Open your blog and go to the new page you have just created. You will need the URL of this blog page for the next step.
6) In you blogger dashboard, you need to go to settings, then Search Preferences and then open up the Custom Redirects. You are about to create a custom redirect to get Pinterest to the URL that it is looking for.
7) In the custom redirect boxes you need to put in where Pinterest expects to find the file (the address is on the page where you downloaded the file from) and where it actually is. For me the Test file is at http://www.amothersramblings.com/p/TEST.html and I had to show it to be http://www.amothersramblings.com/pinterest-4bec4.html . Make sure that you tell the redirect it has to be permament.
8) Then you simply tell Pinterest you are done by clicking on the link. I had to do it several times before it realised I wasn't lying and then I simply deleted the page to keep my header tidy.
Hope this helps you all!
Have you added A Mother's Ramblings to your RSS Reader? Make sure you never miss a brilliant lunch or a fantastic family moment.
Also don't forget to follow my Weight Loss and Fitness Journey at Pippa World too!