This week, it has been hard to listen to the show, however.
You see Chris and the team have been eating a lot of pies because it's Pie Week and the children and I have been fighting temptation. On one hand, we really want a pie, because you know PIE. On the other hand, we want to stick to our healthy eating plan.
It's a lifestyle change and we're trying really hard to adapt to it.
Luckily Vavista Life have come to the rescue and have a low fat and low salt alternative that still gives the brilliance of a fish pie, but is better for our health and they have said I can share this recipe with you!
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
200ml white wine
400g can chopped tomato
150ml creme fraiche
Handful of chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped tarragon
6 sheets filo pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Heat oil and add onion and garlic until soft
- Add the tomato puree, white wine and simmer for 2 mins
- Add chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat & stir in the creme fraiche, fish, prawns, and herbs, then season.
- Spoon the mixture into a dish.
- Unroll the filo pastry and brush 6 sheets all over one side with the olive oil.
- Gently scrunch up the pastry and lay on the top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp.
So that's what the children and I will be making at some point this week.
What kind of pie is your favourite?
VivistaLife haven't paid me for this, they said I could share the recipe if I wanted to and I did!