The Second And Third Week Of March

I was so involved in the world off the internet (I know, it came as a surprise that there was a world off the internet to me too!) that I forgot to do my weekly round up and then before I knew it, there was another week passed and then almost before I knew it again, it was almost bedtime and I thought I had better get a move on before I forgot to do another one! So here is my hopefully one time only two week round up and as I have Salads on the brain at the moment here is one of the best salads I've eaten this last week.

Lemon and Herb Prawn Salad

The Second Week Of March

The week started off great for us. On the Monday, not only did we remember to take PE Kits, Violins and music folders, Blood Test Monitors, Home Contact Books, Homework and School Bags to School. Oh and we also remembered water bottles, snacks and to bring all we needed home again too!

On the Tuesday my Mum and I went for a walk with my Sisters dog again. I have to say I'm loving taking her dog for walks and as long as the weather doesn't make a turn for the worse and start pouring down on me when I go for a walk (is there a worse smell then wet dog and wet dog poop?) then I should be fine... should be.

PippaD and her Mum

Big Boy woke up during the week with a stuff neck. He was screaming for me to come to him because he couldn't move. What he really meant was he could move, it was just so sore that he didn't want to. Hindsight is a marvellous thing and I had thought, that a day at School would mean that he would loosen up and everything would be fine, but when at lunchtime School called and suggested I should come and pick him up as he was quite distressed, I figured that maybe it was a little bit more stiff that I had first thought!

A day later and I took BB to the Doctors because he still hadn't loosened up and was told that he had Torticollis, which is a real medical thing and it wasn't just him making it up! BB's teacher and I felt terrible, we'd both not given BB the credit he was due in explaining the pain he felt and sort of dismissed him as making it up a little when he was actually really suffering.

I'm still feeling guilty, so if anyone is after anything now is the time to ask!

Friday, was the best day of the week. I'd been invited, along with every other parent at School to come and join in with some House activities for Comic Relief. I managed to spend the whole day with Top Ender and Big Boy and other children in their house and I think they all had a good day too.

Top Ender and Big Boy on House Colours Day

The Third Week Of March

Saturday was a good family day, but it was Sunday or Mother's Day here in the UK that held more for me in terms of memory making opportunities. The children woke me up and presented me with gifts and cards and letters and it was simply wonderful. Daddy even made me breakfast, which I got to eat in bed.

The problem was of course, that I kept tripping over the Mother's Day gifts for all adult women at Church. Luckily, they fitted into my car boot rather nicely and they were soon stashed at Church and when handed out I knew we were on a winner (in terms of would the Women like them) when several women had opened their packages and started eating the sweets contained before we'd finished handing them out!

Mother's Day Gifts

It was midweek when I ended up helping out baking some biscuits at school and the children attended the Easter Fete. It was during this, that we discovered that a Fire Alarm after School hours has a weirdly unique way of bonding people!

Daddy and I took Top Ender for a walk along the canal, as we had previously walked it ourselves a few weeks earlier and all of us had a great laugh talking with each other and just hanging out together. The best part of course, was I found my angle and I now demand that all photos of me are to be taken in a similar position, so as best accentuate my features!!!

PippaD and Top Ender

Apparently there was also an Eclipse, but I couldn't swear to it myself as I was at the hospital with BB when it was happening and to me it just looked like it was a little dark as we walked back to the car.

The funniest thing of the week had to be when the car started complaining that it was overheating, so Big Boy, Top Ender and I had to work out how to open the bonnet, where the water "thingy" was and then we used the bottle of water that we had in my handbag to fill up the water "thingy" to stop it from overheating. It worked, so it was a job well done and I've not scarred the children with my lack of knowledge about how cars work.

So this was a long post, I promise to keep more up to date in the future okay?!